Gunner

mindset is.

ALL OVER the world

controlled and were

under your

you limeys

out in that

for the US.

You avoiding the 3 attempts by the Crown are you?

Gunner

  1. Lie
Gunner

Just so you know, any fiberglass FJ more than two or three years old isn't going to win races. Like International 14s, but much less so in the FJ, the hulls fatigue and lost their shape under stress. Also, unless the standing rigging was taken down after every race, the hull will creep and lost its shape.

That doesn't happen to wooden boats. That's why most world-beater Int.

14s were cold-molded, laminated plywood -- at least, until 2000 or so, when I stopped keeping up with sailboat racing.

None of this matters, of course, if you're going to be day sailing and not racing. But it seriously depreciates the value of those boats. You should get a good price if the boat is old, no matter what its apparent shape, because its racing days are over. And unlike an old race horse, you can't put it out to stud. d8-)

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Neither do the pilots. And their air brakes rarely work. ;-)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

In message , harry writes

Bunker oil it a much longer chain molecule than ordinary diesel making it much more viscous so is heated to about 100c to thin it down to use in a ships diesel engine. The longer the molecule chain the more energy as it has as the ratio of carbon to hydrogen increases. The residue or stuff left over when all the flammable fuels are taken off is tar used for road making, there is virtually no waste from crude oil.

Reply to
Clive

Not looking for a race boat..just a gunkholer. If I were back racing..Id snag a Finn.

My last Thistle was mostly wood.

Im not paying much for it. Just the registration on the boat ($5) and $30 for the trailer.

$125 for a set of sails. Shrug

Gunner

  1. Lie
Gunner

oil" is not necessarily residual fuel

Residual fuel oil is burned in steam boilers. Very large marine IC engines can be designed to run on it too.

I should know, I was responsible for burning hundreds of tons of the stuff.

Reply to
harry

"Michael A. Terrell" on Sat, 02 Mar 2013

14:40:32 -0500 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

Hope the plane runs out of gas, so it can coast to a stop before it hits the ground.

pyotr filipivich

Only if the pilot is a true believer in the Leftist mantra.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

"Michael A. Terrell" on Sun, 03 Mar 2013

21:47:28 -0500 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

It worked for Bugs Bunny! (Falling Hare, 1943). Of course, he only had an A card.

pyotr filipivich

When I was involved with diesel converted, sulfur laden digester gas engines at a wastewater treatment plant in the 80's, bearings (to say the least) couldn't be replaced fast enough despite ridiculously frequent oil changes, although I've read that that issue is now purportedly to have been resolved:

.

Are you sure it worked? Those Hollyweasels are tricky liars.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

The Euros were too busy killing each other off in an assortment of wars to even get past the early stages of syphilis. Hard to tell you have a disease if you die before it can affect your life.

Reply to
SaPeIsMa

"Michael A. Terrell" on Mon, 04 Mar 2013

16:37:13 -0500 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

Bugs is no weasel. Straight up, honest 100% American rabbit.

If you can't trust the boys at Termite Terrace, who can you trust?

pyotr

pyotr filipivich

On the other hand, they outlawed slavery how many years before we did?

Reply to
Wes Groleau

He is a union bunny who has to follow the script.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

The USA didn't exist then so your ancestors were involved too.

Reply to
harry

Largely because they did not use slaves to the extent they did in the South US. It wasn't much of an economic deal after they could no longer sell slaves.

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

We used slaves in the West Indies. Sugar cane. Jamaica.

It was the war of Northern Aggression. They did away with slavery to ruin the economy of the South. Nothing altruistic. Lincoln wanted to repatriate them to Africa.

Reply to
harry

Almost 60 years. We're middling in the field, after the Tsar and before Brasil. Sudan and Saudi Arabia haven't addressed the issue yet BTW.

Reply to
AMuzi