Dying for a Chevy Volt, but....

Back in the sixties there was a whole range of similar hydroelastic cars of different sizes.

We had one of these.

harry

OVER the world

controlled and were

Do you ever pull your head out of your ass? You better be worried about North Korea, instead of 70 year old V2s.

Using the two Telemetry Earth stations built by Microdyne/L3-Com a few miles from here. One fixed, one mobile. I was involved in both systems.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Their food leaks oil, like everything else they do.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

1) Poor thermodynamic efficiency (Stanleys and Dobles could get away with very low efficiencies, because IC engines at the time weren't much better) 2) High cost

3) High maintenance

Reply to
Ed Huntress

$290 dollars to degrease it, $5.99 to paint it.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Are you ever even close to being right?

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Ed could run one of those with his attempts to be smart and funny.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

How long have you had a degree in Electrical Engineering? How long have you worked in mission critical locations? You PLAN the work before you start. You have everytinhg on hand so it doesn't take weeks. Those jobs aggregate, and are all done at once when simple repairs will no longer keep a generator on line.

Goodbye. You have become quite boring with your ignorant trolling.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

You are correct. I should have said Spitfires and Corvairs. Sorry about that. The Spitfires were just spiffy but I only had live axle Fiats. The only question that I have is which cars leaked more oil - English or Italian? :-)

Reply to
dsi1

No, even the back-woods hicks of the UP are no match for their NE cousins. Evidence, Mayor Doomberg.

Reply to
krw

The limp-wristed Brits won't even keep the Falklands for much longer.

Reply to
krw

They *love* fairytails.

Reply to
krw

The one between harry's ears? We know all about that one. It's a short story, with very small words, that even the lefties understand.

Reply to
krw

Good point. Effluent: has-been lefty.

Reply to
krw

FWIW, Flying J and Pilot are rolling out CNG fueling stations to cater long haul truckers. If this works, then it might be a catalyst for more.

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

The more exotic, the more inherent danger. You're packing a fuel and an oxidizer into the same package and hoping that you can keep them apart.

Because steam cools to water.

Reply to
krw

That would be a good step.

I have read, without being able to evaluate it myself, that setting up CNG fueling stations is fairly easy. Compressors must be powerful, though, to get that pipeline gas up to transportation-fuel pressures at high speed.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Reply to
Spamβuster

Reply to
Spamβuster

The UP was explored and settled long before most of the Eastern states

Gunner

  1. Lie
Gunner