Eclipse V6 brakes

Went to the parts store today looking for front pads for the '01 Elipse V6 Spyder, the system (and books) showed no pads for that model year, however, there are pads for the '01 AND '02. However for the 4cylinder, there's tons of selections.

Is there a difference for the v6 2001 model? I would think someone would have the sense to not mess with the brakes between years that close...

Reply to
Eric F

Mike Behnke

|Went to the parts store today looking for front pads for the '01 Elipse V6 |Spyder, the system (and books) showed no pads for that model year, however, |there are pads for the '01 AND '02. However for the 4cylinder, there's tons |of selections. | |Is there a difference for the v6 2001 model? I would think someone would |have the sense to not mess with the brakes between years that close...

My Raybestos catalog reads thusly under Eclipse:

2003-01 All D723 fr D383 rear 2002 Spyder convertible, Coupe D866 fr, D383 rear 2001-00 - 3.0 Liter D723 fr D383 Rear

Interpretation of the above is left as an excercise for the reader. I'd take an old pad with me, or buy both sets and return one.

Don't try to underestimate the good sense of an automotive engineer. Rex in Fort Worth

Reply to
Rex B