Squeeky brakes

I have a 2002 Diamante. The brakes squeek when I come to a stop. Just during the last 5ft of the stop. I only have 15,000 on the car. I had the rotors turned once already because the brakes were pulsing. \ Anyone else having this problem?

Reply to
Rob

mitsu brakes are notorious for warping rotors. many people with eclipse or talon cars equipped with the single piston caliper upgrade to the twin piston brake and it's larger rotor. that is really the only fix we've found. the single brake piston seems to flex the backing plate and cause the pad to unevenly contact the rotor. that's probably not anything that will help you but that's a bit of history with mitsu's brakes. flex and the taper that is wearing into the pad will cause noise. some pads are quieter than others. find out what's available in a low noise pad for your car. i am using ebc greenstuff kevlar pads and there is zero squeal.

Reply to
simpleton

on my '01 eclipse spyder, the brakes were squeaking a year after, the dealer changed the rotors, pads and calipers stating there was a recall. 2 weeks later, same issue. I popped the pads off, put anti squeal goop on the pads, they stayed quiet for about 6 months, then started again, I regooped again, no change. So I tore the pads off, went to Autozone and bought their Morse Ceramic pads, these are the best pads I've ever used! Stopping is more firm, no squeaking, they're just excellent pads!

Reply to
Eric F

It really stinks that I have to replace rotors and pads on a car still under warranty.

Reply to
Rob

Better than having to replace them out of warrantee.....

Reply to
Hank Arnold