electrical problems

Hay Folks !

I'm new to this group, I have a 1984 EL Camino, 305c.i., HO/SS, auto/air/etc. . . . I have been plagued recently with "make or break" electrical problems. . . . The first problem was the drivers side door electric window switch quit working. . . . When I fixed that, the passenger side now works sometimes and will work if I push the drivers side button and the passenger side buttons at the same time. . . .

Next the horn/s went into intermittant mode, but the latest and the one I ain't crazy about tackling is the gas gauge needle swings, even when sitting still {it's the only gauge that's doing this}. . .. And me and sparks around gas fumes don't do well together. . . .

Are there any good electrical manuals for this car ? NOTE: GM's Fisher body book stinks/useless. . . . Haynes leaves important stuff out and I can't seem to find ANY DECENT BOOK on electrical problem trouble shooting for "G-Bodied GM cars. . . .

Can any of you folks help me ?

Barry - North Baltimore County, Maryland

Reply to
Barry