Engine oil problem

Hi,

when I drive my car for about 10 min. the engine oil LED appears but only when my car is stopped. When my car is moving there is no problem. A mechanic said it's probably the oil pump that has a problem and another mechanic said it's just a defective oil sensor. If someone had that problem before or has an idea of what the problem is please reply.

thanks

Reply to
Eric

Change the oil sensor (it is cheap); if the problem persists then it is time to replace the pump.

- JR

Reply to
JR Lomas

Oil pressure sensor $ Oil Pump $$ Main bearings $$$

Also, make, model, year, mileage, oil change > Hi,

Reply to
Mike Behnke

Funny how folks like the poster never want to volunteer the make or the 400K miles they have on the vehicle because the diagnosis might be bad.

Reply to
MaxAluminum