Euro M3 Transplant

I have transplanted an 95 euro 3.0 M3 into an 89 325is. The car runs great for a relatively short period (half a day) then reverts back to running rough, like the timing is retarded to far or missing on a few cylinders. once the ECU has been reset with the GT1 it run fine again. Recieved O2 senors out of range and engine missing. Is there any info anywhere that can help me troubleshoot the cause.

Thanks Brad

Reply to
Brad

I'd be checking my grounds.

Reply to
JimV

Does it have individual coils on the plugs ? These are known to often fail after heating up. I recall the BMW has the usual problems with them failing after 60K miles or so. That might be the source of the mis-fires.

Reply to
-Bob-