FAN problem RPM Mazda Protege 2002 ES

The FAN keeps going ON every minute and the RPM goes up. I changed the Temp
Sensor...still the same thing. any suggestions..
Reply to
VicV
Is the air conditioner coming on? On some vehicles the fan will come on and engine speed will increase when the compressor is engaged.
Reply to
Mike Walsh
OK...I notice that If I don't Turn ON the FAN for Heat then the FAN will Not Turn on and off every minute. Does anyone knows if this is Normal???
Reply to
VicV
The Air Condition is NOT on. the FAN Goes on and off every minute if I turn ON the FAN for the HEAT. is this NORMAL ??? the Mazda comes with 2 fans by the Radiator.
Reply to
VicV
Are your heater controls set to defrost? Most cars turn the A/C compressor on when in the defrost mode. That would cycle the compressor and the cooling fan.
Professor

Reply to
Professor

Site Timeline Threads