Florida: state inspection for cars?

Does Florida -- or any county within it -- have a state inspection of cars for safety and/or emissions at present (2007)? Considering moving there; thanks.

Reply to
derf109

As far as I know, we gave that up years ago....

Reply to
CraigFL

"*" wrote in news:01c78b25$fa7a0520$6998c3d8@race:

Or they are used-car dealers who love the idea that they can do their own inspections...

Reply to
Tegger

You could replace all the bulbs on your car every few years so you don't run into that problem ;)

Except for one small problem, you didn't get a bulb replaced you only had it inspected for proper operation.

And just what would you warranty ?? Any state inspection I have ever seen only checks lights and wear items.

Reply to
Mike

You sure about that law? I suspect its not that black and white. Texas only requires emissions testing in certain counties that don't meet air quality standards.

Reply to
E Meyer

They did a long time ago, but the only inspection they have now is that the the cops pull you over if they see something they don't like and give you a fixit ticket.

Be advised, a large number of Florida drivers seem to be possessed by a unique variety of stupid. Besides the usual kamikazi motorcylists, pissed off at the world big rig drivers and asshole tow truck operators with anger management issues, there's a large contingent of punk kids in these low-slung buzzmobiles who drive like they're on a LeMans track. Also a lot of geezers with sloth-like reflexes and senses working at 20% or less.

Have fun!

Reply to
Doc

No such law. The STATES determine what gets inspected and how. In some NY counties you have to have an enhanced emissions test (sniffer test run on a dyno) in others you only get a safety inspection and a low emissions test that is nothing more than a test of the OBDII system. If you pull in with the MIL light on you fail.

Reply to
Steve W.