Flywheel "scorch" marks

The flywheel on my 81 chevy 350 has dark "scorch" marks on it from an oil leak. the surface is otherwise flat and smooth. Can I use some 600 grit emery cloth on an orbital sander and sand the whole surface until the marks are gone or should I have it resurfaced? This is an old work truck which I'm trying not to put a lot of money into. Any opinions?

Carl

Reply to
carl6855

Or use a wire-wheel

Reply to
mst

clean it up and throw it back on

Reply to
tudysmuck

And if it doesen't shudder, (usually won't) then your done, forget about it.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt