Ford Focus Shifting Problem

I just recently purchased a 2005 Focus ZX4. It has a little ove

16000 miles. My main problem is, at times, the gear shifts from 1s to neutral. It is very sporadic. It might happen 3 or 4 times i one day, and then not at all for a few days. The shift always occur right after a complete stop, right as I press on the acceleration. This complete stop must be accompanied by a shift to 1st. It neve happens after a complete stop in which I was already in 1st (ex traffic congestion).

I have taken it to a dealership, but I was told that they can'

attempt to fix it until they can recreate the problem. Like I said this can be a problem because of its sporadic nature. I woul appreciate any thoughts or suggestions

Reply to
Bluestar28

It sounds like a shift linkage adjustment problem to me. I'd try a different dealership. Of course it would really be a lot better if you could demonstrate the problem.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

Drain and change the transmission fluid immediately, and check the level and condition of the fluid.

This has the basic feel of a lubrication issue with the transmission.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

I was assuming this was a manual transmission jumping out of first gear. I am guessing you are assuming it is an automatic....I suppose the OP should clarify.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White
16000 miles. My main problem is, at times, the gear shifts from 1s to neutral. It is very sporadic. It might happen 3 or 4 times i one day, and then not at all for a few days. The shift always occur right after a complete stop, right as I press on the acceleration. This complete stop must be accompanied by a shift to 1st. It neve happens after a complete stop in which I was already in 1st (ex traffic congestion). >

I am sorry for an

confusion, but my focus has a manual transmission

Reply to
Bluestar28