Ford multi-function switch (turn signal, etc)

(Note: I also posted this at alt.autos.ford before I found this newsgroup)

I have been trying to track down a multi-function switch (turn signal, wipers, dimmer, etc) for a 1992 F-250. I have seen several listed on ebay for other vehicles like Explorers, Expeditions, and Rangers. Does anyone know if any of these are compatible and/or cross-listed?

Thanks in advance, Dingus

Reply to
Dingus McDingus

How about a junkyard?

Reply to
Bob M.

You should be able to call Ford and ask them to look up the switch. Once they look up the part, ask them to cross-reference the part against other vehicles. They should be able to tell you which vehicles also used that same part. It's possible that other parts may work as well but it would not be the same part number so the dealer won't be able to tell you that.

-Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Chang

Can't you just get it from the dealer? Fordpartsonline.com lists it for aroud $72. I think AC Delco even sells a replacement (AC DELCO F6222). The Motorcraft P/N is SW-5162 and was used on a variety of vehicles through 2000. I would think it would be an easy part to find.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

Yes, I can get it at the dealer, but that is not the question I am asking. I am tired of paying list price at my local Ford dealer.

Reply to
Dingus McDingus

Autozone has one for $47. FWIW, it is the same switch as used in some Aerostar models (my '93 Aerostar uses more than two different switches depending on whether it has an automatic headlight dimmer and whether the flasher is electronic or electro-mechanical).

Reply to
Mark Olson