Ford Taurus Starting Question

I would like to thank you all in advance, I have a 2001 Ford Taurus that is equipped with a Viper Remote Starter that starts intermittently. I can usually start the car with the remote starter, lately it won't start on the 1st try with the remote starter, it will complete one cycle and I have to initiate the cycle again. The real problem occurs because I can't start the car with the key but have to start it with the remote starter and then utilize the key to drive off. I have tried to isolate the problem; the only variable lately has been the cold weather. The issue is intermittent but I have to complete a long drive and don't want to be stuck. I have taken it to the Ford Dealer and they could not figure it out. Any

Ideas?

Reply to
Thor