Front wheels have a tamborine sound

When I drive slowly I can here tamborine like "cling cling cling" coming from my front wheels on my 1996 Grand Marquis. Any ideas what this indicates?

Reply to
JaKe

The first question would be whether or not you have wheel covers. And if so, do they have a slot in them that looks like a parking meter.

Seriously, pull the wheel cover and see if there is something loose in there. Then put the front in the air and turn the wheels by hand and see if you can localize the noise to one wheel or the other. The brake wear sensor tends to sound more like squeal squeal, but is a strong suspect. Could be the pad retaining spring, something else loose, or a wheel bearing but again those tend not to cling, just squeal.

Reply to
Lon Stowell