fuel tank leak - epoxy question

I tried one of the epoxy products specifically for this on an metal tank, it would hold for a while (several months usually), then start to leak again. After about the 3rd time, I replaced the tank as I was tired of messing with it.

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Reply to
dogsled

Sand the leak area carefully with emery paper.Cut several pieces of fiberglass cloth and use fiberglass epoxy resin.I patched several small leaks on the bottom of a 1978 Dodge van gas tank using this method.Ten years later,no leaks. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

Thanks for all the help.....I tried a patch made by Permatex, and will report back on the results.......

Reply to
onesandzeroes01

Reply to
nacharya