FWD Transmission on 93 RX-7 engine

Hi, We (a couple of guys with tools) want to put an 93 RX-7 engine in a front wheel drive car (Mostly a Mazda P5,P3)to race on ice. we are not scared about fitting all that in the car. What we are looking for is : Does any body knows about a front wheel drive transmission that would bolt on the RX-7 TT engine?

Reply to
Ice Racing Crazy

Year ago it transplanted an RX 4 (same bolt pattern as RX 7) into an Audi RO

  1. It required a locally machined adapter plate. There is no FWD trans that I know of that will bolt onto an RX 7 engine. Further more, because of the width of the engine and the location of the exhaust ports, a north/south configuration is required. An old SAAB 95 or such with a Porsche 914 transaxle is what you need. You will also need to be financially independent, along with the mentioned not scared about fitting all that into a car. But good luck, and take care for global warming.

Chas Hurst

Reply to
Chas Hurst

|Hi, We (a couple of guys with tools) want to put an 93 RX-7 engine in |a front wheel drive car (Mostly a Mazda P5,P3)to race on ice. we are |not scared about fitting all that in the car. What we are looking for |is : Does any body knows about a front wheel drive transmission that |would bolt on the RX-7 TT engine?

Rex in Fort Worth

Reply to
Rex B