GMC truck with 160K Miles - recommended maintenance

I have a 1997 1/2ton Ext Cab short bed GMC Sierra truck. 4x4, 350 Engine, auto tranny. I drive it like an old man.

I've been running synthetic for the last 100,000 miles, changing ever

4-5K miles or so.

What maintenance items to people recommend I look at doing?

I've kept up on spark plugs, K&N Ait filter, taken care of oil leaks (recently had the oil-cooler hoses replaced), fuel filter.

It's probably time to flush the tranny fluid again (100K last time).

Are there major items I should expect to go out soon?

What is the expected life of the tranny in this truck? Engine?

Thanks

Reply to
neal

If it were my truck I would ditch the K&N filter and run a good quality paper filter. The K&N lets in too much dust for my likeing.

I would also change the fluid in both differentials and the transfer case as well as the filter in the transmission.

My 95 Chevy K1500 went 325k miles before I wrecked it on a deer. It ran and drove fine. I did put rebuilt front axles, ball joints and tie rods on it at 275k.

Reply to
anumber1

As said transfer case and rear end fluid. The transmission service would be better at ever 50-75K Also the engine coolant and brake fluid could use a change. And keep a eye on the intake manifold gasket and heater hose to intake quick connector for coolant leakeage.. And of course belts and hoses brake pads and u joints and fuel filter. If you are using the K&N filter keep it cleaned and go easy on the oil and clean MAF sensor often. Good luck with it. I have saw some go well over 300K MT

Reply to
MT-2500