90K Maintenance

Hi, I'm having difficulties finding good information on what maintenance is needed at 90K for my '99 Saturn SC2 and how much it should cost. One
thing to note is that it has a re-man motor and a rebuilt tranny at 60K. (long story)
The first call to the Saturn dealer I was quoted 550 or so, the second call 350 or same as 30K maintenance.
I'm like everyone else and would like to save some money on this big job. Especially because my 90K point will be right around Xmas. So yesterday I did this: General inspection of all hoses, brakes, etc. Oil change Tire Rotation Air filter + PCV Valve replacement New Spark plugs and wires (Denso and Bosch) Coolant system flush Serp belt replacement (the old one was squeaking)
The things that are left on the 90K maintenance schedule per my book are: Saturn Fuel Filter SAT21009427 (~125.00 @Saturn) - I see that you can only buy this through Saturn for $75.00. Replacement seems easy enough. I've been told this is a 100K filter from the parts folks. Replacing now or later doesn't bother me.
Fuel Injector Service - I called Saturn and they said the service was a power flush of the injectors for $157.61 (purchase alone). That seems awful high to me. Do I need the power flush or just a bottle of cleaner?
Tranny Service - The Haynes book says for 30K to just empty and replace the ext tranny filter. Aka Drop-pan service = 29.99 at Penzoil. Saturn quotes $143.44, and says that it's not a Power flush but the pump is used to get it all the old fluid out?
And lastly the Computer Test - This is a full system diagnostic test so Saturn says and they recommend every 30K. If done alone it's $85.00. *raises eyebrow in disbelief*...
Checking around on the web for more info I came across another Saturn maintenance schedule at http://www.saturnofcolumbus.com/service.htm that lists some stuff that to my knowledge hasn't even been done on my car. (well at least for the last 60K...) For Example: Power Flush the Lube Oil System (recommended every 12,000 miles) - News to me...?
Brake system flush (complete system flush with new fluid. Every 36k miles) - Again this one is questionable...
Power steering system flush (with new fluid & conditioner)
I like my car and don't want to screw it out of anything needed but I don't like paying through the nose on every little thing either.
I know it's a lot of info/question above, and the whole new drive-train at 60K can confuse the issue but I'd really appreciate any feedback.
Thanks, Ryan
Here's a similar link to the dealer's service schedule:
http://www.saturnsandiego.com/Flashsite/Service/schedule_sl.html
- I see that you can

Thanks. It's helpful to have a place to compare to.
In article <41442a24387c795b596745598d39d3a2

Cant recall the 100k fuel filter off hand. One things for sure, if it gets clogged up to much it will take out your fuel pump. IIRC from a previous post the filter contains a pressure regulator. Stupid place to put one if you ask me. 95% of the filters cost is the "Regulator".

Neither if your cars running soundly. They're just wanting to make money. Unless the mesh in the fuel filter is loosely woven. If I ever get a chance and remember I'll might cut one open one day and look.

The filter screws onto the outside if its a TAAT. Drain the trans, put a new filter on and refill it. After filling work threw all the gears sitting still so as to work the air out of the system.

Waste of money.

Waste of money.

Depends. Not so critical on modern cars as they dont draw in moisture as badly or transfer heat to the fluid so easily. Every 3-4 years or so doing a simple brake bleeding in the driveway cant hurt (on a non humid day).

Not that critical. It may have been flushed if the powersteering pump was replaced at the same time as the engine. Just make sure its topped off. Conditioner?

Yep,it's the regulator and the filter in one. At least it's a 100K filter and not something you need to replace constantly. I'm seriously debating on getting this: http://www.spswebpage.com/store/monthly_specials.php?sid 1cbd6bc61e3c89488975cee3dc1663
But I'm not sure if it would help me or not. The replacement from saturn is 75.00 and nobody else has it. That's only 25 more and a performance part. Perhaps if I ever put more performance parts in it would be a good idea. Plus 99.00 and replacing it myself it still less than what Saturn would charge.
Thanks for the rest of the good info.
Ryan

488975cee3dc1663
Ah....the newer filters have the regulator built in. The $30 one I spoke of was for a 95, no regulator. I wouldn't go for more fuel pressure unless you have extensive modifications. You're likely to only decrease performance. In fact, I read a dyno report once that said when they *decreased* fuel pressure on a stock engine, they made more power.

I got the 2 fuel filters I've replaced on my Saturn from AutoZone for ~30.