hard brakes on 1997 Nissan Quest

The brakes on this van were hard to press from the time we bought it. To stop takes an incredible amount of force applied to the brake. Figuring that it needed to be bled, I just bled all 4 brakes. The driver side rear drum did have air in it, but even after completely bleeding the entire thing, it's still hard to press. Any thing else I may need to try?

Reply to
george.jones

Flush the old fluid out and replace it.

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

Checking whether the power assist is working?

Reply to
aarcuda69062

That's pretty much what happened while bleeding. The old fluid was jet black, by the time I was finished bleeding, I had run through a quart and a half of fresh fluid. The fluid was coming out clear at that point.

I'll check the power assist.

Reply to
george.jones

" snipped-for-privacy@gdc4s.com" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@j4g2000prf.googlegroups.com:

Push the brake pedal moderately hard and hold it. Now start the car.

Does the pedal sink once the car starts?

Reply to
Tegger

innews: snipped-for-privacy@j4g2000prf.googlegroups.com:

I'll try it when I get home.