Have to Replace an OEM Alloy Wheel - Advice Needed

I discovered this weekend that I need a replacement alloy wheel for my 1990 Berretta GT. I need to replace it with the OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) wheel. This particular wheel style is a 15 x7 size, and was used on the 1988-1993 Berettas. It's been described as a "mesh" design. Mine is silver in color.

I have found refurbished wheels on the web for anywhere from $120 to $250. Can someone give me an idea as to what kind of price range salvage yards would have for this type of wheel?

Also any advice on the pros and cons of buying refurbished vs. salvage yard, or any other replacement wheel buying advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help

Reply to
KC

It's a used wheel. :)

Junkyard item for sure. I've paid as little as $10 and as much as $50 for assorted alloy used wheels at wrecking yards, just call around and see what you can find. Best bet is to go to the yard with a lug wrench and a small jack.

JazzMan

Reply to
JazzMan

Thanks JazzMan

I needed an idea of what price range salvage yards put on alloy wheels - I didn't know where they stood price-wise compared to the refurbished wheels.

Based on the numbers you've come across, the junk yard solution sounds like the way to go for me.

KC

Reply to
KC