heater control swap

We're working on my neighbor's 1995 Chevy truck , the heater/ac control module is shot . His truck doesn't have rear window defogger , the only available new control is only available with the button for rear defog ... I'm wondering if that unit just has an extra pin or two in the connector , and if it will swap into his truck that doesn't have that option . Anybody know ?

Reply to
Snag

I would venture to guess that it would work. Chevy probably wanted to make it simple off the line. Sometimes the rear window defrost in certain cars was a dealer installed option. Hope it works out.

Reply to
Michael Trew