99 Accord heater / A/C control?

Any Honda mechanics hang out here?

Anyway.... I have a 1999 Honda Accord EX... with the manual heater / AC controls. My switch to control the fan speed only works on one speed and I can feel that the switch has "slack" in it so its my assumption that the heater control unit needs to be replaced?

I believe Honda calls this item the heater control unit... while other manufactures may call it the A/C control head.

Is it basically a direct swap out to change one of these, it anyone knows.

I'm talking about the control unit in the dash that operates the heater / ac fan speed and the temp.

Thanks, Elbert

----------- Elbert snipped-for-privacy@me.com

Reply to
Elbert

It sounds like the keyed socket on the inside of the plastic round control has broken. Have you pulled the black round plastic control nob off to see?

M> Any Honda mechanics hang out here?

Reply to
LakeGator

that's a good idea... I'll check the backside of the knob to see.

----------- Elbert snipped-for-privacy@me.com

Reply to
Elbert

as a quick follow-on... the knob for the fan speed is not broken.

----------- Elbert snipped-for-privacy@me.com

Reply to
Elbert

Which speed does work? I think your problem may be with the blower resistor module.

Reply to
Grahame