HELP, Emergency, Ford Contour 98 V6, Where does the hose connect to???

I have idel engine miss problem, changes plugs and wires problem still there. I found an un-connected hose and guess this might be the problem.

~3/8" ID black rubber hose. ~1/8" thick ~5/8" OD.

Open the hood lit, face to the car, from left (driver): right-----------------------------------------------left [[============Engine, Battery, Power distribution box ]]

The hose is between the battery and the engine, came from below the battery from a steel block. The hose's end has

90 degree bent.

I don't know where it should go. I checked many places and couldn't find a connector.

Please help. It stops after started.

Thanks. Thanks. Thanks.

Reply to
Jian

I don't know the plumbing details of this model, but it's possible it's a vent and it's not supposed to connect to anything. They often put an elbow at the end of vent lines and point the open end down.

Jian wrote:

Reply to
JimV

This is just a wild ass guess but to me it sounds like the top connection has broken off of your charcoal canister that is supposed to trap fuel vapors. Depending on which part broke off, it's possible it's causing a vacuum leak. Just plug the end of it for now and see if that lets the engine keep running. If it does, it was a vacuum leak. You'll need to get it fixed or you will eventually get a check engine light and most likely you will also fail your next emissions test.

Another possibly is it was a connection to a vacuum reservoir to provide vacuum to your AC controls. If so, it will probably be a vacuum leak, see above.

-- Elbridge Gerry, of Massachusetts:

"What, sir, is the use of militia? It is to prevent the establishment of a standing army, the bane of liberty. . . Whenever Government means to invade the rights and liberties of the people, they always attempt to destroy the militia, in order to raise a standing army upon its ruins." -- Debate, U.S. House of Representatives, August 17, 1789

Reply to
AZGuy