Help please! High Speed Shudder

Hello.

I have a 1998 Cavalier Z24 that has recently developed a shudder when going at high speeds. It slowly builds starting at about 70kph, and gets really bad by about 100kph (about 60mph). I live in a rural area outside a major city, and travel on a highway to and from work (in the city) every day. This started suddenly on my way home (about a 30min drive) yesterday.

I though it might be some ice or snow stuck in the springs. There was, and I chipped the ice/snow out, but the problem is still there. The shudder is felt all over, and not through the steering wheel at all. I tried standing and bouncing on each bumper to see if there is a full range of motion, any terhe seemed to be (alought I thought it might have bottomed out a tad soon on the back end, but I don't know what the 'noraml' range of motion would be).

I'm wondering if it could be a problem with one or both of the back tires? I'd appreciate any ideas!

Thanks, Corey Dale

Reply to
Corey Dale

If it started suddenly, maybe you threw a balance weight off.

Reply to
AZGuy