Help Please!!!

My son has a 1986 720 P/U, 4X4, z24 fuel injected engine and 5 speed manual transmission. The truck recently began acting like the engine was flooding when starting and it seems to be lacking fuel when under acceleration. We have changed the fuel pump and filter, plugs and wires, distributor cap and rotor and the air filter was changed within the past month. None of this has helped.

As it stands right now the truck starts and idles fine when cold. The gas peddle has to be held to the floor to start it hot. When accelerating the engine begins to cut out at about 2500 RPM in each gear. If you back off and ease the truck through this RPM range it does better. The truck has also died a couple of times when going down the road and after setting for a little bit will start and run again.

Does anyone have an idea of what the problem is what we can do to correct it.

Thanks for your help, Mike Brown

Reply to
Mike Brown

have you check the the fuel regulator and injectors.

both can deliver problems like you said!

Mike Brown wrote:

Reply to
Thomas McMechan