Honda civic Imagine starting noises

I recently bought an 03 plate Civic Imagine. Starting is usually silent when the key is inserted. However lately a series of what sound like petrol pump? or some other mecanical processes now are audible when i put in the key. Any idea what this is? Is it likely to be serious?? or is it normal?

cheers

Derek Paterson York

Reply to
derek

Mike Walsh

turned to the run position, before turning the key to the start position. On some vehicles it is normal to hear the pump, on others the pump is much too quiet. If the pump suddenly got much noisier it is not normal.

Thanks Mike The noise seems to have started recently and wasnt there when I bought the car so I will take it in for them to look at it

cheers

Derek

Reply to
derek