Hondas rolling away.....

I use my parking brake regularly. I'm especially careful when parking on an incline because if it's not done right, the shifter might not be able to move out of "P." I once had the hardest time getting out of park when I parked my Taurus with the wheel on a tree root. The torque on the wheel made it impossible to move the column shifter. I think we got it unstuck by rocking the car forward and back. I suppose that jacking up the tire would have worked too, although you can't do that on an incline.

Reply to
dsi1

I always apply the parking brake first, and after confirming that it's holding the vehicle, then use the transmission as a backup.

Reply to
Gene

Is the concept of an unjustifiable mandate really all that difficult for your demonstrably weak mind to grasp, or is it simply that you're limited lexicon doesn't permit you to recognize the meaning and implications of the terms?

Reply to
Gene