Goodyear tests soybeen tires

www.impomag.com/news/2012/07/goodyear-tests-tires-made-soybean-oil
bob

On 07/24/2012 10:44 AM, bob urz wrote:

so? it's just the base oil before the chemists get to work on it. it could just as easily be snake oil made from real snakes.
chemistry doesn't get around the fundamental misuse of food though...
--
fact check required

On 7/24/2012 11:50 AM, jim beam wrote:

Well, interesting point. The Midwest is going though a drought that is wilting crops. Should be be using corn for auto fuel when there might be a shortage for food use?
bob
Back in the 1940s Henry Ford built a soy car body. (I think it was soy) Those soybean tires would fit just right.

Hopefully they'll smell better when burning.
Whatever search engine you use,,, Bridgestone Aireless Concept Tire. I read about it in my snail mail August 2012 Popular Science magazine.