Datsuns back!

that's bad news for rover i guess

sadly, that might affect lotus mid to long term

Reply to
AD

that's bad news for rover i guess

sadly, that might affect lotus mid to long term

** The article described Datsun as furthering "affordable and reliable small cars".

Do either of these traits apply to Lotus or Rover? I dont think so.

Reply to
hls

Rover is a malasyan owner of lotus. They make compact cars (that are not sold in the US).

You have major problems seeing how onslaught of affordable datsuns in malasya (the rover home market) would hurt lotus?

It seems obvious to me that rover market share would be (severely) diminished once nissan & co have decided to wage a price in malasya.

Might be to a point where they'd be force to sell lotus.

Or I might be wrong and malasyan government will crack down on imports the way washington did in the 60th to protect the big 3.

Reply to
AD