how to disconnect wiring harness?

Was trying to disconnect the trunk release on a Sable and could not figure out how to unfasten the thing. The plug had this gray clip that went over a nub on the solenoid it plugged into. The clip was difficult to get at because the plug had recesses for it. The nub didnt appear to be able to be pushed down, it must have been the clip that was supposed to move. Maybe it would work to unbolt the entire lock and get at the clip from the back, but i was short on tools and time.

Anybody know if there's a trick or a special tool for these things?

- The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!-----== 100,000 Groups! - 19 Servers! - Unlimited Download! =-----

Reply to
Monkfish

They make them too CHILD PROOF. I get them off easily with a small clock repair screwdriver set. But I still don't know what type you're reffering to but the grey ones are known to be adult proof. :- )

Good luck .

Tibr

Reply to
Tibur Waltson