How to find a car with a distressed loan

In today's economy, it would seem that some people probably have cars and loans that they cannot keep up.

Is there a way to locate these people and try to negotiate to take over the car/loan, or is this on a case by case basis?

I imagine this is a bad idea in most cases, as these people probably owe a lot more on their ride than it is worth.

Reply to
HLS

They probably don't take the best care of their cars, either. I like buying cars from people who take care of them and have the records to prove it.

Reply to
Mark Olson

Its parked in an empty lot up on cinder blocks with all the valuable parts stripped off?

Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.