How to make a mobile jump-box?

Didn't the first wave of these have the Champion brand name? I haven't seen them in years either.

Really small jump boxes are becoming popular now. I bought one back when they were a bit newer and no reviews existed for such a product. Luckily it has been absolutely great. I see no reason to carry around the larger portable type units (almost the size of a car battery), let alone a roll around monstrosity, when these mini jump units work so well. I wouldn't bring it to start a diesel though...

Toyota MDT in MO

Reply to
Comboverfish

I haven't taken one apart, but wouldn't be surprised to discover a row of lithium-ion laptop-computer batteries or at least the cells used therein. A lot of those batteries happen to have output of 14-ish V, and the economies of scale must be sizable.

--Joe

Reply to
Ad absurdum per aspera

I'll be taking mine apart when it fails -- hopefully not for 10 years though.

Toyota MDT in MO

Reply to
Comboverfish