How to remove Toyota fusible link

My 89 Toyota 4x4 truck has 30 amp , a 40 amp,and an 80 amp circuit breaker in an electrical box under the hood on the right side of the engine bay. I was able to pull the small ones out to check them for continuity but I can't see how to release the 80 to get it out. A year or more ago the battery light and the brake light became coming on intermittently even though the brakes were working well and the alternator was charging the battery so I just continued to drive the truck and ignore the lights. Now however the alternator apparently is not charging the battery and it's time for me to sort this problem out. Any help is appreciated. T I A Doc

Reply to
OLE DOC BONER

approx, 3/8" x 5/8" . It has a sort of window like an old style household fuse but I can't see any way to open up any plastic case as you suggest. Can you be more specific? Thanks. DOC

Reply to
OLE DOC BONER