How to tell intake and exhaust valve with the intake manifold on?

You must mean a Dial Indicator

Exactly! One of dose dere tings. Thanks for the correction! That's exactly what it was.

I now have the A/C, alternator, distributor, intake, carb etc off and have to disconnect the rad and get the fan shroud out of there before pulling the engine. Should be fun! I have never done any of this before.....

Reply to
BSAKing

Ayup. my dad had this problem on a '73 307 (truck motor) with not too many miles on it IIRC. I was still a little kid when it had the cam replaced. (at least I think it was the 307. Might have been the junkyard 350 that replaced it. There's a looooong story in there that would probably amuse the group, but I haven't time to relate it ATM.)

nate

Reply to
N8N

Seems as though your the one person that's upset over the smallest question and answer blog here, take a chill pill mate. I learnt a thing or two reading this post and all you done was get up in arms about f*ck all. God save your arse ole pal.

Reply to
auskid069