Hydraulic Jack

I have a Craftsman 3-ton Hydraulic Jack, which works well except when it releases it drops *very* quickly. Are there any other comparably priced (~$100) jacks which have better release control?

Reply to
Paul Minear

I have 1 of them and 2 Mastercraft ones and have learned how to let off the lock very slowly so the vehicle comes down controlled. They are touchy, but once you get the feel for them they come down nice.

When I worked in garages, the big floor jacks were almost the same, not quite as touchy, but they drop fast too with a 1/4 turn on that release.

Mike

Paul M>

Reply to
Mike Romain

If it's new I'd take it back to Sears on safety grounds.

|I have a Craftsman 3-ton Hydraulic Jack, which works well except when it |releases it drops *very* quickly. Are there any other comparably priced |(~$100) jacks which have better release control? |

Rex in Fort Worth

Reply to
Rex B

I have 2 Craftsman jacks & 1 other brand I don't know. They too release or drop when turned, what you might call aggressively. Here is what I did. With the jack handle turned to the jacking position, I drilled a hole thru the handle & stuck an old pushrod thru. Now when the jack is up & loaded with weight I have a T- handle which gives greater control in turning to release. The better grip makes it easier to make minute turns,

Reply to
MikeLens