I love ignorant people

Ad on page 3 of this 1962 issue of Popular Science:

larry moe 'n curly

There was also a little sidebar on that article that said if you had a Toyota, the OEM filters were the best ones available.

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

They should try a Wix...

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

LOL! That would be the one!

Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

How hard could it be? They are made by machines for the most part. Honda makes a lot of cars. That doesn't mean they have inferior quality. In fact just the opposite.

Reply to
Bob Jones

Mostly comes from "pee", not "crap", Cujo

Reply to
hls

The indians told the Spanish that there was a city of gold somewhere in America. People need facts, not testimonials.

Reply to
hls

"Bob Jones" wrote in news:4ba54d21$0$13670$ snipped-for-privacy@news.astraweb.com:

Just rent the movie. What you say isn't the case. Things happen.

Reply to
fred

A City of Gold in America? There is a City of Angeles, Art Linkletter used to say so on his tv shows back in the 1950s. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

Well, maybe having low advertising expenses lets them make enough money on the ones they do sell. :^/ (If your factory is already at capacity, sometimes you don't really want more business...)

I didn't even know they made filters. I thought they were a piston ring company. And they are (or were) only about 40 miles from here, in Hastings, MI.

Reply to
aemeijers

Many years ago I used to see ads in Popular Mechanics and Popular Science and Science and Mechanics magazines about a copper oil filter.It was suppose to last forever, just clean it and reuse it.I don't remember the name of that copper oil filter. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

I take it you are one of those subscribe to the cult that believes that cardboard in an oil filter is the source of all evil. FYI most of what is inside any oil filter is paper, which in case you were unaware is even more fragile than cardboard. But I suppose that bit of informazione is just to horrific to even contemplate.

Reply to
jim

What about the ones they don't sell?

Reply to
Bob Jones

I don't use Fram, but it's not 'cause of the cardboard. If you want to use 'em, fine by me.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Gee, h, when Consumer's Reports does a sidebar to tell you how good something is, I'd tend to believe them.

They printed the specs back then, how many microns filtration, etc, and it blew the top ranked filter away.

BTW, I ran across a filter I had hanging around for a Corolla I bought back in 1980. It was a Lee. They were all I ever used back then. I got

240,000 miles on that car with Lee filters and Castrol GTX.
Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

ROFLMAO!

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

I still have a copy of that issue purchased back in the day. Those looking for a responsible way to disposed of used engine oil should check out "Hints from the Model Garage" on page 166.

Reply to
Roger Blake

I have been reading Popular Science and Popular Mechanics magazines since the 1940s.I used to also read Science and Mechanics and Mechanix Illustrated and True and Saga and Bluebook For Men magazines before they went belly up.They were Great magazines too. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

I particularly liked "uncle" Tom McCahill's auto tests in Mechanix Illustrated.

Reply to
Roger Blake

Tom McCahill's articles were always the articles I always read first in Mechanix Illustrated.The Gus Wilson, Model Garage articles were always the articles I always read first when they used to be in Popular Science.

Gus Wilson The Model Garage Also, Smokey Yunick, and Grandville King and Dawg in another auto related magazine.I have a Grandville King soft back book about Jeeps. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin