I need to reverse a shock number...

I need to do a sort of reverse lookup for a Monroe shock number.

I have some new shocks here that I do not remember what vehicle they were for. I know the Monroe number (20803 and 20801) but their site only seems to let me search from the model.

I need to search from the part number... Any ideas on a site that could do that for me?

Reply to
rdoc

Call Monroe or a local auto parts shop and they shoudl be able to look uo which vehicles it is used on.

Reply to
John S.

In a few instances, but... the common theme with fronts *and* backs might have been a Monte Carlo and the time frame I might guess I scavenged them up would match that as well... does that jive with your book?

Bottom line: What I'm wondering is... can I use the 20803's on my 90 Olds Ciera? They look a lot alike at a glance (without the old ones removed).

Reply to
rdoc

cross it to a Gabriel part number, Gabriel lets you do a reverse lookup on application.

nate

Reply to
N8N

Thanks. Good idea but it doesn't see it as a valid number... even though the shock clearly has Monroe stamped in it.

Reply to
rdoc

That's a lot of info... thank you. I can't figure what the heck I got these for... or remember where. I probably snagged them at a swap, but who knows what for.

Anyhow... I'm not rigging anything when it comes to brakes, steering or suspension (everything else is game:-). They either fit or don't and I guess they don't.

Thanks again!

Reply to
rdoc