Info on replacing shifter cable on 94 Probe

Hi all, The shifter cable broke on my son's Probe, I have the new part in hand, but am having trouble figuring out how to get at the screws holding the plate on the firewall, and how to get at the bottom of the shifter lever itself.

I'd pay a pro to do it, but I've been unemployed for a year now and can't afford it.

Can some kind soul tell me where I can find info on the procedure to do this?

I've been searching the web for about 3 hours on this and seem to be getting nowhere.

The car is:

1994 Ford Probe 4 cylinder Automatic

TIA!

Mike Patterson Please remove the spamtrap to email me.

Reply to
Mike Patterson