Is there a difference between Fuel System/Line Cleaners and Fuel Injector Cleaners?

I'm wondering if there are products that distinguish themselves as one or the other or are they both the same? For eg., a product like the BG 44K

I understand it's referred to as a fuelinjector cleaner, but is this the samething as a fuel system cleaneras well?

I'm thinking even if there are two kinds of products, as I understand it, both still would be added to the same place, a tank of gas, and unless the formulation or the composition of the cleaners are different, both would have the same affect.

Thanks for your time and courtesy.

Reply to
Crikey Schmikey

I dunno about that one in particular. The only one I know of that actually works is Chevron Fuel System Cleaner. They do also have a Fuel Injector cleaner - the system cleaner is the recommended product. It does actually work. Some of the others are snake oil, I can't tell you which ones. You can get the Chevron product at Walmart, AP stores, etc.

You do realize that you are on the USEnet, right ?

:-)

Reply to
Jimmy

I believe the Chevron cleaner is called Techron. Yes, it actually works to remove carbon deposits in the cylinders and on the intake valves. It got rid of a miss I had. Good stuff.

Reply to
Lecher9000