Is this normal?

Last night I took off one of my valve springs on the old heads to take a look. I noticed that if I looked into the intake prot, and held a light behind the closed valve, I could see light and an actual gap. Is that normal?

Will an engine still run like that?

Reply to
stryped

Last night I took off one of my valve springs on the old heads to take a look. I noticed that if I looked into the intake prot, and held a light behind the closed valve, I could see light and an actual gap. Is that normal?

Will an engine still run like that?

Reply to
stryped

Sure, although the worse the sealing problem becomes, the less power the engine will have.

I pulled apart my ex-wife's Ford (289 V\8) some years ago and found 12 of the 16 valves burned badly. That car wouldnt pull a sick "ho" off a toilet, but it RAN.

A valve job and a valve adjust brought this car back to life.

Reply to
HLS