Jiffy Lube screwed my engine.

example.

Typical of your ilk, cast aspersions on the character of he for whom you lack a cogent response.

Not that anyone else would, but why haven't at least you followed your own advice regarding the wasting of time?

Reply to
Hoonoze

Your supposed to shut the car off immediately (or very shortly thereafter) when you get the oil light coming on like that. If you had done that then all you would have needed was an oil plug and some oil. Probably would have cost you less than $15 for that. You continued to drive the car, even with the light on, and you broke it.

Reply to
Childfree Scott

Other than the anti-theft system let's see you name just one ..... ponder that for a while and then piss off. Bob

Reply to
Bob

My Father's 1973 Chevy Vega GT wouldn't run with the oil light on...it would cut the power to the electric fuel pump and kill the engine. I discovered that little issue when I added a set of analog gauges. The car would start, but run for only a few seconds since I had replaced the oil sender switch with a oil pressure sender for the gauge (which left the oil light on). I don't know if modern cars do this, but in 1973, the Vega sure did!

Reply to
James C. Reeves

Approximately 10/21/03 10:12, Roger Blake uttered for posterity:

Such genius cannot be totally created at birth. To be that egregiously and willfully stupid requires years of extreme effort and study.

Reply to
Lon Stowell

"Childfree Scott" wrote

I'm going to have to assume that must mean you too?

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

I'm wondering how we got from "Jiffy Lube screwed my engine" to "Paid professionals are usually a rip-off". One sure as hell has nothing to do with the other! Bob

Reply to
Bob

They that know so little need to take advantage of any and all opportunities to inject a put-down.

Reply to
Neil Nelson

"Bob" wrote

True...I was kinda hoping to see what kind of "paid" professional he is. Even if he was a ditch digger, he'd be considered "professional" as long as he got paid.

Hey, those ditch diggers can be scam artists too. I see them working around here in our new neighborhood.

Ah heck...everyone is a scam artist! There... I feel much better now that I've placed the blame for my problems on those "paid professional scam artists".

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai