K&N airfilters, maintenance

how often do you maintain, clean (or perhaps replace) your K&N airfilter?

under average conditions, say 15k miles? is the "approved" K&N oil media the only suitable one to use or are there alternatives?

Reply to
Tec

Replace NEVER!!

15K annual mileage clean it once a year. I've only used their cleaning kit. I'd guess cleaning it one could get away with a mild cleaner but it's their oil I'm not sure about. You spent the extra bucks on the reusable filter, another $10 for the kit really does work out if you plan on keeping the car.

Mike

Reply to
MCL