left car lights on

If you want to laugh your a$$ off at how stupid people can be, or simply prove that PT Barnum was very conservative with that "sucker a minute" thing, check out these $1200+ cables.

Jimmy

So ... Did it start by itself or did you need a jump? If it started by itself you have nothing to worry about. If you needed a jump, it probably shortened its life some, but unless it won't take a charge, you will never notice the difference.

Reply to
E. Meyer

Than you just got to have these as well

--

Boris Mohar

Reply to
Boris Mohar

Means you bought an extension cord at some point in your life.

Changed the 9 volt cell in a transistor radio at some point in your life.

Whooo-heee, lookee, I'm a postin' on usenet!

So the frequency at which you deal with what is being discussed here is what, once or twice a year?

Tell me Mr E E C, according to your above statement, how many high powered car radios would I need to supply power to my house? (normal 100 amp service drop)

Reply to
Neil Nelson

Actually I was kidding. Unless you like high frequency rolloff, superthick cables aren't particularly hi fidelity. Seems that for twin conductor cable, good old number 8 to 10 lamp cord is right in the sweet spot of low inductance, resistance, and capacitance at audio frequencies of interest. With computer style flat cable [appropriately terminated] beating pretty much all cable types as speaker cable.

However, if you want to get into nutso audio, a subscription to Steropill is pretty much obligatory to keep up on the Green Magic Marker, Magic Stones, Liquid filled cables, CD demagnetizers, etc. etc. created by the spiritual offspring of P.T.Barnum to separate the self-delusional from their funds.

Reply to
Lon Stowell

You got that. A piece of 12 gauge Romex will do it for everything but timed signals on the space shuttle.

Ain't it a laugh.

Reply to
Jimmy

I am humbled by your post. You have far exceeded the stupidity per dollar factor of the cables. I bow to the supremacy of your post.

Reply to
Jimmy