Lincoln interior lights come on when not moving

I have a 1995 Lincoln Continental. Yesterday, as I was at a red light, I noticed that the interior lights were all on. When I moved on, the lights dimmed and went off but as soon as I came to another halt they came back on. When I got home and parked they remained on, even after switching the car off and closing and locking all the doors. The problem has continued consistently today - the interior lights all come on when the car comes to a halt (not on braking but only when the car physically stops rolling). The only other problem I can report is that on a couple of occasions in the past few days the 'Door Ajar' warning has come on but not with any consistency. has anyone any ideas?

Reply to
Jo Miller

They use the same prone to sticking switch integrated w/ the doorlatch as the mid 90's Ford Ranger? A bit of WD-40 or silicone spray on/in the door latch frees it up and the light+door ajar alarm goes off.

Reply to
The Masked Marvel