1999 Grand Caravan SE "door ajar" light stays on

Hi,

The door ajar light stays on even though all the doors are close securely. Also the door locks don't lock at 16 mph like they used to, and the sliding doors don't lock after closing them now. All this at the same time. I'm assuming its all related to the door ajar light or a sensor. Another problem I've had for a long while is that when the car is stopped, and the front doors open, the front interior lights don't come on any longer. Any clues would be appreciated. Thanks. Brian

Reply to
Brian O

One of the door switches is more then likely bad, or out of adjustment. You can take each one off and check them or have a scanner look into the BCM to see which switch is closed

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

Always provided it isn't a faulty BCM causing the problem.

Reply to
snookums

Ha, my wife found the problem switch. She actually taped a penny to the door to help it to push the switch in further and that cured all the problems. Now my question is, how do you adjust the switch on the driver side door to where it will close the switch properly? Thanks for all the help. B

Reply to
Brian O

Replace the switch. they are designed to self adjust when the door closes, or you can try to pull out the center part of the switch. put a dap of super glue on it and close the door, it may hold the adjustment or may not