Minimal repairs?

I've got a bad window regulator (not electric) in my 1993 Sentra XE 2dr. The cable's shredded, I'm pretty sure. My qwestion is....can you replace just the cable....or would you be smarter to get the whole regulator? Anyone done that?

Thanks, Jm

Reply to
DemoDisk

My vote is for smarter to get the regulator. Much smarter. I did put a cable back on its pulleys a couple different times but I would never consider trying to install a new cable when you can get the whole assembly for about $100ish. There would be a lot more fabrication involved than you are probably considering right now, and the "cable" as a replacement part is not available.

Reply to
Toyota MDT in MO

You can't get just the cable. If you could, you could replace just the cable, but unless you want to fab your own, you're going to have to get the whole regulator.

While you have the tools out, go into all the other doors and lubricate the regulators. The reason why cables break is because something else is binding, and if you had a problem on one window you're going to have some on others soon.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

Thanks, Scott and Toyota MDT, for your answers and experience. Much appreciated!

Jm

Reply to
DemoDisk