Mitchell on Demand Vs ALL Data - Price

We're a small gas station down in Va and I was wondering if anyone has experience using either Mitchell or Alldata. Mitchell is the one that I've used in the past, but the price is way too high. Is All data is any cheaper?

Reply to
wchev05

Shep

I have had shops tell me that they will meet each others price if you have them bid against each other.

I have both, but the students tend to gravitate to the ALLDATA. They find it easier. I guess it depends on what you get used to. I find the Mitchell more informative and better wiring diagrams, but I always get a quick and accurate response from ALLDATA when I fax them for information than I can't find in their DATA. Usually about a fifteen to thirty minute response time. It's really nice to have both.

Reply to
Kevin

I agree with Kevin on this one. AllData is quite a bit easier to learn and to navigate, although they aren't always consistent about where they put certain information. I've also had plenty of trouble finding certain info on Mitchell that I've found instantly on AllData, but then there are things that I can't find on either. They both have their ups and downs, personally I would go with AllData.

Reply to
boarder_punk

most tech's i know go for mitchell... and i have to agree...the wiring diagrams are way better in mitchell ...and that's what I want the most

Reply to
taz

I saw thes programs for sale at usedcartools.com with no monthly fees. Might be a good deal. hth:)

Reply to
marc-o-matic

If you are looking for ALLDATA and want to see a demo of it call me 916-478-3383. We have a mobile scanner now and we also have a tech hotline 855-461-5957.

-Joe

Reply to
alldatajoe