Poll: Price of Diesel

How much is Diesel in your area?

High Point/Thomasville, NC, it's $2.29gal.

Spdloader

Reply to
Spdloader

R and L Catherwood

In Raleigh vicinity, I've seen ranges recently from $2.199 to $2.299. Flying J at Haw River reports $2.139 for today. Pilot reports NC range of $2.159 to $2.299 depending on location.

Here's gov't data on average regional prices as of Monday:

Regards, John Kinney

Reply to
John Kinney

I feel better. $2.11 in Columbia MO.

Reply to
Chris Hill

$2.43.9 is about the cheapest here in SW Idaho, seen up to $2.49.9

Figures, since I bought my first diesel last May, prices have been slowly edging up ever since. Kinda like when I purchase a particular stock, the price always goes down...

DJ

Reply to
DJ

QUICK Sell you diesel! The prices are high enough!

Reply to
351CJ

Reply to
SamB

I used to tease one of my co-workers who was into day-trading that he could make more money writing a book on his strategy called "Buy High

- Sell Low".

Reply to
Greg Surratt

Vista, California $2.399 per gallon

Reply to
The earnest one

I paid $2.12.9 this morning in Gainsville, VA. (about 35 miles outside the D.C. beltway)

Reply to
websurfer

Man, that's a pretty varied range.

I use between 60 and 80 gallons of diesel a day to run my small grading business.

Has anyone else besides me wondered why fuel pricing hasn't been a subject of debate or addressed as a campaign issue?

I'm not arguing politics, just wondering why it's being avoided by both candidates.

I mean, they've probably spent millions trying to find out if Bush was where he was supposed to be thirty years ago during guard duty, and if Kerry deserved his medals or not, but why not address issues that are important now?

Spdloader (Ranting)

Reply to
Spdloader

$2.299 per US Gallon here...

That is a very good question...

Maybe it's that they both know that they can't do anything to lower the prices themselves so they would rather not bring it up???

Reply to
351CJ

Think back. Diesel has always been less than gas as it costs less to refine. They always pump the price of gas until the consumer starts to scream. Then they start jacking up Diesel prices. The average consumer doesn't drive a diesel, so they could care less how high the price goes. The trucking firms, farmers, heavy equipment operations, etc. don't care too much either as they just pass on the extra cost to the gas using consumers. In the end it is the people who are burning gas who pay for the majority of the diesel price increase. West Palm Beach, FL $2.27/gal.

Reply to
Sam_I_Am

Of course, if you are willing to take the time and the risk to fuel up in Baghdad, gas is 5 cents a gallon. Diesel must be pretty close to the same. Of course if you are the US military, you import it from Kuwait at $195/gal.

Reply to
Sam_I_Am

Except in the case of owner operator truckers, who haul on a contract, signed when diesel was 1.09 a gallon, or dump truck operators, hauling by the hour, and that isn't going up. It's gouging, pure and simple, in my opinion.

Spdloader

Reply to
Spdloader

Reply to
epicday

$2.09 in Raleigh, NC

Reply to
scrape

In SW Michigan around $2.20-$2.30

Reply to
Scott Garvison

Which station? The Shell Qual-mart (?) out by the fairgrounds used to have pretty good prices, but it's been creeping up recently. Last time I saw $2.09 was down near Clayton over the weekend.

Regards, John Kinney

Reply to
John Kinney

Los Angeles area avg. = 2.599