my car roars

I have a 1999 Honda Accord EX five speed. It started roaring a bit ago and everyone told me that I needed a new muffler. So I went to have that done, and they told me that there was nothing wrong with it. I took it to my mechanic and he said that maybe it was my tires. I got new tires today and it still roars. It only roars when I speed up to around 50 and over. At least that's the only time that it does it that I can hear. Any ideas??

Reply to
syd_1024

Has a knowledgable person driven this car to hear and determine the source of this noise, kinda tough from here!

Reply to
maxwedge

At least in days of yore, "it sounds like a jet engine" meant you had a bad wheel bearing. But, you'd think your mechanic would know that rule.

George

Reply to
George