New battery could power cars?

The writeup was apparently not written by a physicist and is so sketchy that it doesn't really say anything. I am not holding my breath. I'll have to see a more technical description before I get too excited. To me, it seems way to early to discuss using this as a car battery.

Reply to
Don Stauffer

I think you are right.Old saying goes, Seeing is Believing. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

When you drive it on the interstate, THAT is believing.

Reply to
HLS

I drove a Yugo on the interstate once and I _still_ don't believe it.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

I am scared to drive on the Interstates anymore.It is too crazy out there.I drive on the slow poke roads. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

You wont believe this, Scott, but a couple of years ago I saw a Yugo in London...running...

Un f***king believeable.

Apparently this was one of the upper percentile.

Reply to
HLS

I am tending to do that too. One problem is that almost everyone is tailgating. If you have to stop quick, you WILL get rear-ended!

Also, contrary to popular myth, following too closely costs more fuel. Drafting at normal freeway speeds is not much help as far as the aerodynamic effect- you need to be in the 100+ range.

But a math/control theory concept says (correctly) that the closer you follow, the more brake you need to use to damp out any speed perturbations. Additional use of brakes wastes gas.

They used to teach one car length per ten mph. One problem is that most folks have forgotten the "per ten mph," and I hear so many folks saying allow one car length spacing. One car length behind another at 60 mph is way to close!

Reply to
Don Stauffer

Well some forgot and a lot of people can't judge how far x car lengths acutally is. I think that's why they came up with the 2 second rule. I used to live in southern CA and regardless of speed, you keep less than one car length in front of you or someone will cut you off and then jam on their brakes, you jam on yours, you get rear ended, the perp continues on. Thank goodness I am outta there.

Reply to
genius

Thingy about it is though, when I am driving on the slow pokey roads,,, I am ahead of everybody else who are behind me. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

I thought it was the 3 second rule.

Reply to
Don Stauffer

I am always ahead of everybody else who is behind me ;>)

Reply to
HLS